Thursday, February 24, 2011

Makeshift light box

I've been so busy lately that I have hardly had time to play with any clay. I did have a little time to do some scrap pillow beads the other night but at the moment they are just baked, not sanded or buffed/varnished yet.


I have been working on something else that does require me to photograph my creations, but as you know I am not the best photographer! I seem to end up with glare, shadowing and a very unnatural looking light. I noted on Surfingcat's blog that she was having a go at making a light box and thought I would give that a try. As usual I have little spare time so I mocked up a makeshift one out of a bit of coloured card and paper.



The 2 sheets of paper standing up are taped together with one propped up against the window and the other by a plant pot. 


and the resulting pictures...


Well there is still some work to be done but it's definitely an improvement. I MUST remember to use a clean piece of card to put the items on though. D'oh!

2 comments:

Leave a fab comment here