Monday, April 4, 2011

Look what I found

I found some lovely vintage (ish) photos to day of some of my older clay work. 

Back in 2002 I had the idea to make iccle statues of my friends on their wedding day, so that they could remember their special day (because of course, back then there was no such thing as photography...ahem...).

I had descriptions of the wedding outfits and modelled my work loosely on a tiny game we had which involved rolling marbles towards people shaped skittles (or bowling pins) and trying to spin them around the metal rod they were swinging on. So you get the picture, they were not a true likeness of people! Taking that into consideration, I don't think the finished product looked too bad and the bride and groom seemed suitably impressed.


Unfortunately the groom shaved his beard and tash before the big day - although I suspect he grew it back afterwards to detract from the huge set of man boobs he is probably now convinced he has!! Clearly modelling pecs is not my forte!


 I must have been sending out "thought" inspiration around the clay world as clay wedding cake toppers have really taken off since!

2 comments:

  1. How cute are these?! You are really good at making characters! Funny you should mention man boobs, I had this conversation with my brother yesterday. Someone made a comment on a photo of his referring to man boobs and he fondly refers to them moobies. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a fab comment here