Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Polymer Clay Tutor's Teardrop Blend - II

Another necklace made using the Polymer Clay Tutor's teardrop blend. 

Flame drop necklace.

The drops are curved and an element of the back is visible. So that the back didn't look "rough", I put the blend on a granite look clay and cut out the flame shapes. This is a really good way to create a neat back, especially where you have dangles which often twist as you wear them. In this case it has also made the necklace reversible. 


I'm going to highlight any tips from now on so that readers can quickly view and refer back to them. If you are like me, you don't always have time to read a full blog post so this way you can look at the good bits quickly!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I have taken to baking most of my stuff with something textured these days - to save sanding mainly but it makes a neat finish and the texture stops a flat pendant sticking to your skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought about the not sticking bit - thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that has made a very pretty necklace

    ReplyDelete

Leave a fab comment here