Monday, August 15, 2011

Idit Zoota's Play Dough Technique

I really love the idea of reducing canes without a background (saves on soooo much translucent clay and there are just times when a background is not needed!), but I've not yet mastered Idit Zoota's Play Dough technique. Recently I found some fab coloured play dough and thought I would give it another go with Fimo Soft. 


Here is my simple flower cane before reducing.




and the resulting canes post-reduction.




It is a definite improvement on my last attempt but there is still work to be done. I found that the Fimo Soft became very sticky after immersing it in water (to dissolve the play dough). I'm going to try the technique with  a different brand of clay after I have used up this stash of Fimo Soft. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a fab comment here