Monday, December 12, 2011

Polymer Beads and Spacers

I made these pink beadies the other day (I do like backgroundless canes but they are much harder than round canes to reduce!). 



I always space beads like this out in a necklace, because I feel that a necklace full of these vibrant beads would be too much. When it comes to making up the necklace though, I always struggle to find spacer beads that will look "just right". So I decided I would make my own spacers this time out of the background colour used in the millefiori beads. I made up a batch of polymer spacer nuggets.


Then I put them together in a necklace. 


Of course, I needed a little bead to space out the spacers and I spent a while deciding on those. Ho hum!! I think it works though.




3 comments:

  1. Te ha quedado un collar precioso, muy elegante. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love the slightly nuggety shapes of the spacers. You can also try tube beads or disc beads for a little variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both. I definitely need to plan ahead more in preparing spacers!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a fab comment here