Thursday, April 26, 2012

Playing with Pardo Clay

I couldn't wait to give Pardo Professional Clay a go when Clayaround starting stocking it. I'd heard great things about this clay from my American poly pals and was most excited about Pardo's translucent clay which is said to be the clearest yet. 

We all know that the thinner the cane slice, the more translucent the cane background will become upon baking. Slicing canes is not my forte, I end up with door stops ... I could use the help.

I haven't had a lot of free time lately so I wanted to make a quick cane and was in need of a little leafiness. I used a tutorial I purchased from Eugina Topina


See how good that translucent is?! I didn't really have enough time to try a cane with a background but I'll report back on that one soon. 

My first impressions of Pardo generally are good. It was reasonably firm to work with and didn't seem to pick up dirt as easily as some other brands. The best part was that I was able to get a pretty thin slice from the cane. Whoop. 



2 comments:

  1. that's a cool leaf cane! I thought Pardo was soft but then I am comparing it to Kato - not too soft though and not at all sticky like some others. I look forward to more playing with it. I just don't seem to have any time at the moment :( Have fun playing look forward to seeing what you make next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've only played with Pardo this once. The only colour I found soft was the gold but that's down to the mica. I'll be ParKato clay is fab!

      Delete

Leave a fab comment here