Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bumblebee Beads

Almost 1 year after he was finally finished, I have made some lovely beadies with Bumbles the cane. Actually, I should say finished the beads, they were made a few weeks ago. You will have seen a preview of these beads in my Wander through Colour in Photopgraphs post. 


I started making Bumbles the cane back in May last year but with the madness that comes with moving house, he went back in the (really useful) box until I had time to finish him in July 2011. I lost a fair bit of the cane on reduction. The bits of Bumbles that were made 2 months before the rest of him were much firmer and the newer, softer bumble bits reduced much quicker meaning a fair bit of distortion.


I did manage to make some funky beads out of the scrap cane though


Now I have brought Bumbles out again, mixed him with some flowers and made him into these lovely sunshine beads.



These are now for sale in my Etsy shop


I also made this necklace using some similar bumblebee beads, they are going up for sale at a craft fair I am doing at the weekend. If you would like to buy them, see me at the Made in the National Forest tent at South Derbyshire's Festival of Leisure


Chat soon :)

6 comments:

  1. oh very pretty beads with the lovely bees! Hope the craft fair went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Mmm, the craft fair - well the necklace is still available!!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful Bumbles cane and super bead and necklace! Hope the the craft fair went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melobeau. The craft fair was a complete wash out unfortunately - not the right venue at all!

      Delete
  3. Flo, those beads are just great! I hope you made lots of loot at your fair!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. No I didn't make much loot at all :( !

      Delete

Leave a fab comment here