Friday, 17 July 2009

FloRaeMe Jewellery












Alot of what I make out of polyclay becomes lovely (I am a tad biased I must say) bits of jewellery, much of which I sell for charity. I usually work out how much the materials have cost me, double it and sell the item at that price giving 50% of the sale to charity. My chosen charities are usually animal charities but I have given money to Notts Hospice, Gedling Youth Club and Hucknall Inner Wheel (who support local charities). The piece above is faux malachite inspired.


I am having a fundraiser at the end of the month and the proceeds will go to Hillside Animal Sanctuary. You can check out what they do at: http://www.hillside.org.uk/


Lets see if those little cupcakes will sell...


Below are some other creations which have I have sold.









Purple lentil swirl necklace.








Combed/feather necklace







I made this bracelet after another idea went wrong - a copper skinner blend became lovely graduated copper beads.






I used up some old clay and make a simple cane and striped beads. Alone, they didn't look very inspiring but add a bit of pewter and look what you get!








Macrame and polymer clay - what a great combination.








Purple scrap beads.







Another great way of using up scrap clay is making Carol Blackburn's extruded clay beads. Oooh, the colour possibilities are endless!






Faux agate is very easy to make and has some stunning results.






1 comment:

  1. Wow Jo, you've been busy!
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I get so excited when I feel like I am really connecting with people in the polymer clay community. I'm going to try some of the extruded clay beads tonight. I've done them with one colour but I never thought to put in scrap clay.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a fab comment here