Sunday, 19 December 2010

Beadweaved necklace with polymer focal.

Another project I'd been working on for a while was a Lynn Davy pattern for a tubular peyote stitch necklace with a focal drop. 


I used a focal I made from scrap clay. In her original design, Lynn used size 15 seed beads but I didn't have a suitable colour in 15s to go with my focal so I decided to use size 11s. Clearly 15s would have worked better - there should have been a Chinese knot of beads above the focal but I ran out of my size 11s so I had to let that one go! 



The necklace is also slightly too small and sits a little highly on my neck. As I made the effort to make it, I'll wear it for a while and then dismantle it and reuse the beads I think.

Ah well, you live you learn beadweaving tips!



2 comments:

Leave a fab comment here