Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Stroppel Barrels

If you haven't yet tried making a Stroppel Cane, I urge you to give it a go. It is a great way to use up odds and ends of canes and all those half slices we make when trying to get ultra thin cane slices.


I made my first Stroppel cane with a dark blue theme and with it made these beads. I call them my Stroppel Barrell beads.




I used the beads to make up this necklace. I would like to say it was simple to make but those little knots are pretty fiddly and time consuming. I do like how they look when they are finished :)





4 comments:

  1. Chinese button knots! Oh, they are b*st*rds, but I love 'em so. Great beads, btw. I can see loads of possible variants. FloRaeMe Barrels, defo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I tried doing double button knots once, but quickly gave up on that one!

      Delete
  2. Love these beads and the necklace. So proud my name is on them thank you. And thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and thank you for giving us the Stroppel Cane:)

      Delete

Leave a fab comment here